Tender rigatoni pasta, robust marinara sauce, perfectly breaded and fried chicken, and plenty of cheese bake together to create the most incredible Chicken Parmesan Casserole. This family-friendly weeknight dinner recipe is a guaranteed hit!
Chicken Parm Casserole
This homemade casserole is everything we love about classic chicken parm, baked into one satisfying dish. Easy enough for weeknights but fancy enough for Sunday night dinners, everyone loves this layered baked pasta.
Warm, cheesy, and saucy, chicken Parmesan casserole is the ultimate comfort food!
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe:
- A TWIST: This casserole is a delicious twist on classic chicken Parmesan.
- HEARTY: Like most baked pasta recipes, this recipe is flavorful and filling.
- BIG BATCH: Casseroles are perfect for large families or meal prep.
Loaded with pasta, sauce, and crispy fried chicken, this Italian-inspired baked pasta dish is one of the best weeknight dinners ever!
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the pasta.
- Dredge and fry the chicken.
- Assemble the casserole.
- Bake and enjoy.
Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this chicken casserole. Pat dry and slice into strips.
If using frozen chicken, let it thaw completely before using in the recipe.
Definitely! For a vegetarian version, simply omit the chicken from this recipe or try my recipe for easy baked ziti.
Store leftover chicken parmesan casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Tips for Chicken Parm Casserole
- I don’t recommend subbing chicken thighs for breasts in this recipe.
- Keep the oil right at 280°F – it’s the perfect temperature for cooking these thin pieces of chicken.
- Try not to overcrowd the pan when frying the chicken. If needed, fry the chicken in batches.
Chicken Parm Casserole Variations
Pasta: Instead of rigatoni any kind of smaller pasta like bowtie, penne, ziti, or fusilli works great.
Chicken: Using cooked chicken (leftover or rotisserie) is a wonderful shortcut. Instead of coating and frying chicken strips, use 3 cups of shredded (or cubed) cooked chicken. Skip frying the chicken and add the cooked chicken in step 8. The chicken won’t be crispy but it will still be delicious!
Marinara Sauce: Use 23 ounces of your favorite kind of store bought or homemade marinara sauce.
More Chicken Casserole Recipes We Love
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topping
This recipe makes a big batch so be prepared to enjoy leftover chicken Parmesan casserole all week long!
More Baked Pasta Recipes to Try:
- Baked Parmesan Pasta
- Easy Baked Ziti
- Cheesy Baked Gnocchi
- Baked Feta Pasta
- Pizza Casserole
- Baked Spaghetti
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!